We pray for the fulfillment of all human longing and for patience as we wait.
- For the church: that it may demonstrate Christ’s presence to those who are impatient, discouraged or defeated, we pray:
- For peace in our hearts and in our world as we prepare to welcome the One who is perfect peace, we pray:
- For patience: that we may learn to wait as we experience various pressures and allow God to show us a new path to proceed, we pray:
- For all displaced persons, refugees, and migrants: that God will protect them from harm, open doors for them, and guide them to new homes, we pray:
- For greater awareness: that through the reflections of Advent, we may recognize the depth and quality of love that we have for spouses, family members, and all who are significant in our lives, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including Lorraine Czeck, Laura Krause, and Jean Burns; may they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Oscar Soto; may all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
God who consoles us and gives us hope, we pray for patience as we await the fulfillment of all our longing. We ask this through our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.