Prayers of the Faithful for January 14 & 15, 2023
Our relationship to Jesus calls us to be in relationship to others, and so we pray for one another.
- For the Church: that we who are called to be holy may allow the grace of God to work in us and form us into the people of God, we pray:
- For a greater awareness of God’s call in our lives: that we may listen and live out the mission to which God invites us, we pray:
- For catechists and parents: that like John the Baptist, they may introduce and lead the young people in their care to a deeper relationship with Jesus, we pray:
- For the wisdom and fortitude to end human trafficking and exploitation by addressing its causes and help us become instruments of the Holy Spirit for the victims’ and survivors’ liberation. We pray:
- For all who are filled with worry or anxiety: that God will ease their fear, help them to recognize that God is with them, and give them courage, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including Sharon Jirik, and Elaine Kjeldahl. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- For those who have died; may they be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
God, who showed us who Jesus is, we pray for eyes that are open to recognizing him and hearts that are open to following him. Help us to deepen our relationship to him and to one another. We pray through Christ our Lord. Amen.