Prayers of the Faithful – February 18 & 19, 2023
Let us pray to our heavenly Father for what we need to be holy and perfect:
- For all Christians who struggle with the challenge of loving one’s enemy, we pray:
- For peacemakers, negotiators and all who work to promote peace and reconciliation, we pray:
- For our parish community: that we may recognize the work of the Spirit who has called us together and who unites us as God’s children, we pray:
- For the grace of reconciliation: that God will heal the wounds and divisions amongst families, co-workers, neighborhoods, and nations so that we may work together to advance a greater good, we pray:
- For those who have experienced abuse: that God will heal their pain, renew their spirits, and give them the strength to live each day fully, we pray:
God of mercy, Jesus has challenged us to live in ways that stretch us beyond where we are. Give us the courage to follow the example of peacemakers who loved their enemies; remind us that all are our brothers and sisters. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.