Prayers of the Faithful – March 18 & 19, 2023
Let us pray now for ourselves and for all who need to be seen with God’s eyes.
- For the Church: that we may share the light of the Gospel with all who are struggling to recognize good from evil, truth from lies, and selfless love from self-serving activity, we pray:
- For a spirit of respect: that we may honor each person who enters our life, particularly those with physical or developmental limitations, and encourage them to use their gifts and enrich the community, we pray:
- For all who are bound by the blindness of prejudice: that God will free them from judging others and open their eyes to the value and dignity of each human person, we pray:
- For all who live in the darkness of violence, warfare, or human trafficking: that God will comfort all who are in pain, bring light into their lives, and speed the assistance that they need to find new communities, we pray:
- For insight and openness to caring for our environment: that God will help us to see the damages that have been done to our air, water, and land and guide us in developing policies that will protect the environment from further harm, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Duane Caspers, Joseph Andrayzek, Emmett Linn and Maureen Guion. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
Merciful God, you desire to heal our inability to see with eyes of faith. Hear our prayers and bring us to the fullness of life. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.