Marjorie Dosedel passed away on May 24, 2022. Her funeral will be held at the Church of the Risen Savior on Friday, July 22, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. Visitation at the church is from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
News & Articles
Ernest Dosedel passed away on May 2, 2022. His funeral will be held at the Church of the Risen Savior on Friday, July 22, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. Visitation at the church is from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Steve Suman passed away on May 14, 2022. His funeral will be held at the Church of the Risen Savior on Wednesday, July 20, 2022, at 11:00 a.m. Visitation at the church is from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Prayers of the Faithful July 16 & 17, 2022
Let us pray now for all those we are called to welcome into our lives.
- For the Church: that our deeds of hospitality and service may reveal for us a glimpse the face of God, we pray:
- For all who are busy about work and progress: that God will free us from overworking, help us find the life-giving balance, and recognize the relationships which bring us life, we pray:
- For all who experience anxiety and worry: that the Spirit will help them to be open to rest in God’s healing presence, we pray:
- For all the participants and staff from Risen Savior who depart this weekend for their Mission Trip; may God keep them safe, inspire their work, and leave them with life-long memories and relationships. we pray:
- For the recognition and development of the ministries of women: that God will help all to appreciate and affirm the gifts that women bring to the church and support them in using their gifts, we pray:
- For peace: that God will turn hearts from violence in our cities and families, open new opportunities for dialogue, and protect innocent people from attacks and errant gunfire, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Rebecca Scott, Lily Kankovsky, Virginia Van Pelt, and Barbara Langloss. May they find comfort in God’s love and from the care of their family and friends, we pray:
- We remember those who have died with faith in the resurrection; especially Frank Kremer and for those who are struggling with grief for the passing of a loved-one, we pray:
Gracious God, you have chosen to dwell among us in unexpected, surprising ways, most especially in the person of your own Son, Jesus. Give us open and fearless hearts and minds that we may welcome you however and whenever you appear. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayers of the Faithful July 9 & 10, 2022
Our God is compassionate and merciful and so surely hears the prayers of those who cry out in need.
- For the Church: that we may follow Christ, the head of the Church, more closely and continue his mission of reconciling others to both God and one another, we pray:
- For the Risen Savior community: that our deeds of compassion and loving service may be signs of God’s presence and action in the world, we pray:
- For insight: that God will help us recognize our neighbor in the refugee, the homeless person, and the marginalized of society, and inspire our response to their needs today, we pray:
- For all impacted by violence, especially those impacted by the recent shooting in Highland Park, Illinois, that God will bless the souls of the deceased, heal those who are injured or grieving, and inspire new ways of collaboration to enact measures to more effectively promote the safety and welfare of all, we pray:
- For healing of racism: that we may be instruments of reconciliation, working for justice, and promoting the advancement of all who have suffered prejudice or discrimination, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Lily Kankovsky, Virginia Van Pelt, and Barbara Langloss. and for all who are suffering in body, mind, and spirit, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Lawrence Dobias, grandfather of Rebecca Dobias. May they share fully in the new life of Christ and live with God forever, we pray:
Loving God, you hear the prayers of those who cry out to you. Grant our prayers, strengthen us in our love, and lead us to enjoy eternal life with you. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.