- Archbishop Hebda has suspended all regularly scheduled public celebrations of Mass in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul Minneapolis effective immediately (Wednesday, March 18, 2020). ALL LITURGIES & MASSES ARE CANCELLED for two weeks until further notice from the Archdiocese.
- Group Stations of the Cross are cancelled.
- Penitential Celebration (Penance Service) is cancelled.
- All programs and events are cancelled.
- For funerals, please call the office at (952) 431-5222
- Government restrictions of a maximum of 10 people apply; this number has to include the pastor.
- No funeral lunches/receptions.
All Masses and Services are online only until further notice.
Building & Office Hours:
- Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Saturday 1:00-5:00 p.m. (building only)
- Sunday 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (building only)
- Office phone (952) 431-5222
- Individual confessions in English on Saturdays from 3:00-4:00 p.m. with Fr. Tom Krenik in Bay 3. Please wait in the commons for your turn. A Risen Savior staff member will be present to give directions.
- No individual confessions on Holy Saturday, April 11, 2020.
- Individual confessions in Spanish on Sundays with Fr. Edison by appointment only. Call (952) 698-1723.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation with General Confession and General Absolution on Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. in the Risen Savior parking lot. This is an opportunity to celebrate this sacrament in the safety of your car! The only stipulation is for you to STAY IN YOUR CAR.
The Light of the World
In the gospel for March 22, 2020, the Fourth Sunday of Lent, we heard this statement on the lips of Jesus: “I am the light of the world.” (John 9:5)
Here is the prayer:
Lord Jesus, you are the light of the world. Lord Jesus, you are the light in my world. You are the light in our world now.
Shine in the darkness of fear, sin, any unbelief, confusion or chaos during these challenging times.
Bring us hope. Bring us healing. Bring us peace. Help us to see as you see. Help us to see the way forward in these times.
“I am the light of the world,” Jesus says – yesterday, today, always.
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that you are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I long for you in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though you have already come, I embrace you and unite myself entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
An Ancient Holy Saturday Homily
Health precaution protocol in the Risen Savior building:
- Regular germicidal cleanings of all high traffic surface areas are done by our maintenance staff.
- Extra hand sanitizing stations have been made available; please use these before touching any surface on site.
- Only SIX chairs remain in the chapel; no more than SIX people should be in the chapel at any time.
- Seating in the sanctuary includes roped off areas no longer available for seating.
Continued opportunities for worship and to stay connected:
- Individual Confessions Saturdays from 3:00-4:00 p.m. in Bay 3 with Fr. Tom Krenik. Please use the commons and the hallway to Bay 3 as waiting area in order to adhere to CDC’s social distancing guidelines. A staff person will be available to give specific directions.
- Confesiones individuales en español solamente con cita previa los Domingos en el Bay 3 con el Padre Edison. Utilice el lobby y el pasillo hacia la Bay 3 como área de espera para cumplir con las pautas de distanciamiento social de los CDC. Un miembro del personal estará disponible para darle instrucciones específicas.
- Peaceful, reflective background music in the Sanctuary Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. for quiet, individual reflection and prayer time.
- Pray the Stations of the Cross in the Sanctuary Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Chapel is open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. for individual prayer.
- Pick up the latest bulletin at the bulletin rack in the commons.
Continued opportunities for worship online and to stay connected electronically:
- Click on your device’s App Store icon to download the following apps for access to a full array of worship and prayer aids, including Liturgy of the Hours (Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer), Spiritual Communion, etc.:
- Sacred Space App
- Relevant Radio App
- Sacred Space website
- Relevant Radio website
- View or download the most recent Risen Savior bulletin.
- Click to check out the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website. It contains many prayers, reflections and other resource options.
- Click here for the Sunday, March 29, 2020 Mass with Fr. Tom Krenik.
- Click here for the Wednesday, April 1, 2020 Mass with Fr. Tom Krenik.
- Click here for a variety of online prayer and formation resources for families with children.
- HolyWeek@Home Experience for families : Activities & Prayer during the Coronavirus Shutdown – http://holyweek.pastoral.center
- Worship@Home Liturgy of the Word for families: Dynamic Family Services… Until We Gather Again – http://worship.pastoral.center
- Click for more downloadable resources for families.
Palm Sunday information:
- Mass ONLINE ONLY:
- Palm Sunday is April 5, 2020. The Palm Sunday Mass will be pre-recorded and available on this website and on YouTube under Church of the Risen Savior MN. The video of the pre-recorded Mass will be available on Saturday, April 4, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Blessed Palms:
- Blessed palms will be available for pick-up outside in front of t he main church entrance on Saturday, April 4, 2020 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. and on Sunday, April 5, 2020 from 9:00-11:00 a.m. and from 1:00-3:00 p.m. Palms will also be available on weekdays during office hours (Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.)
- Donation baskets will be available to defray the cost of the palms
Holy Week and Easter information:
All Masses and Services ONLINE ONLY at Church of the Risen Savior MN
Holy Thursday, April 9, 2020
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper in English available at 7:00 p.m.
- Mass of the Lord’s Supper in Spanish available at 7:00 p.m.
Good Friday, April 10, 2020
- Stations of the Cross CANCELLED
- Service in Spanish available at 3:00 p.m.
- Celebration of the Lord’s Passion available at 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 11, 2020
- Blessing of Easter Foods CANCELLED
- Easter Vigil CANCELLED. Celebration of Initiation Sacraments at a later date yet to be determined.
Easter Sunday, April 12, 2020
- Mass in English available at 7:15 a.m.
- Mass in Spanish available at 1:30 p.m.
We need your continued support, spiritual and financial. Please continue to support us with your donations/contributions. You can drop off contribution envelopes at the parish office during office hours (Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.) or send them in the mail. Give electronically via Text To Give at (952) 649-5094. Click here to donate online NOW.