Prayer of Sorrow/Act of Contrition
(from the Rite of Penance, c1975)
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you, whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy.
The Light of the World
In the gospel for March 22, 2020, the Fourth Sunday of Lent, we heard this statement on the lips of Jesus: “I am the light of the world.” (John 9:5)
Here is the prayer:
Lord Jesus, you are the light of the world. Lord Jesus, you are the light in my world. You are the light in our world now.
Shine in the darkness of fear, sin, any unbelief, confusion or chaos during these challenging times.
Bring us hope. Bring us healing. Bring us peace. Help us to see as you see. Help us to see the way forward in these times.
“I am the light of the world,” Jesus says – yesterday, today, always.
Spiritual Communion Prayer
My Jesus, I believe that you are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I long for you in my soul.
Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though you have already come, I embrace you and unite myself entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen.
Continued opportunities for worship and to stay connected:
- Individual Confessions Saturdays from 3:30-4:00 p.m. in Bay 3 with Fr. Tom Krenik. Please use the commons and the hallway to Bay 3 as waiting area in order to adhere to CDC’s social distancing guidelines. A staff person will be available to give specific directions.
- Confesiones individuales en español solamente con cita previa los Domingos en el Bay 3 con el Padre Edison. Utilice el lobby y el pasillo hacia la Bay 3 como área de espera para cumplir con las pautas de distanciamiento social de los CDC. Un miembro del personal estará disponible para darle instrucciones específicas.
- Chapel is open Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. for individual prayer.
- Pick up the latest bulletin at the bulletin rack in the commons or in the bulletin box outside the building to the left of the front entrance.
Continued opportunities for worship online and to stay connected electronically:
- Click on your device’s App Store icon to download the following apps for access to a full array of worship and prayer aids, including Liturgy of the Hours (Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer), Spiritual Communion, etc.:
- Sacred Space App
- Relevant Radio App
- Sacred Space website
- Relevant Radio website
- View or download the most recent Risen Savior bulletin.
- Click to check out the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website. It contains many prayers, reflections and other resource options.
- Click here for a variety of online prayer and formation resources for families with children.
- Worship@Home Liturgy of the Word for families: Dynamic Family Services… Until We Gather Again – http://worship.pastoral.center
- Click for more downloadable resources for families.
- Click for online LWC lessons with Pre/K/LWC coordinator, Lori Skare.
- Click for a stay-at-home family retreat for families.
We need your continued support, spiritual and financial. Please continue to support us with your donations/contributions. You can drop off contribution envelopes at the parish office during office hours (Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.) or send them in the mail. Give electronically via Text To Give at (952) 649-5094. Click here to donate online NOW.