For Catholics, the Sacrament of Baptism is the first step in a lifelong journey of commitment and discipleship. At Baptism we receive and celebrate God’s free gift of grace and salvation through Jesus Christ. In Baptism we are reminded that God has chosen us to live and grow with God’s people. As the first Sacrament of initiation, Baptism is also the sign of a lifelong relationship with God and with the Church.
Risen Savior utilizes the program Belonging: Baptism in the Family of God, whichis designed to provide parents with an incredible encounter with Jesus and with the Church. This program seeks to prepare parents to have their children baptized and to win over their hearts at this important time in their lives. Parents will learn what it means to be children of God and that in the Church, they will always have a place where they belong.
When Parents present their child for baptism, they are asking the Church to receive the child as part of the family of Jesus Christ. They are also making a commitment to their child to help him or her become part of this community of faith. At baptism parents are told to “make it their constant care to bring up their child in the practice of the faith.”
Baptism Preparation & Celebration at Risen Savior
To begin the process, contact Grace Koleczek and/or fill out the online form below. We will work individually with your family to prepare you for the celebration, hopefully meeting you where you are at in your journey of faith. You must be a registered member of Risen Savior parish to have your child baptized at Risen Savior. Scott Brazil will assist you in completing this process if you are not yet registered..
N.B. ALL paperwork, including submitting a copy of the child’s birth certificate, providing the names of the Godparents, etc., MUST be completed one week before the scheduled date of the Baptism. Failure to comply with this process will automatically result in delaying the celebration of Baptism until a future date.
2019 Baptism Dates
- Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
- Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
- Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, October 12, 2019 during the 5:00 p.m. mass
- Sunday, October 13, 2019 during the 9:00 a.m. mass
- Sunday, October 13, 2019 during the 11:00 a.m. mass
- Sunday, November 10, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
- Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 12:15 p.m.
- Sunday, January 11, 2020 during the 5:00 p.m. mass
- Sunday, January 12, 2020 during the 9:00 a.m. mass
- Sunday, January 12, 2020 during the 11 a.m. mass
- Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
- Sunday, April 19, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
- Sunday, May 17, 2020 at 12:15 p.m.
- Saturday, June 20, 2020 during the 5:00 p.m. mass
- Sunday, June 21, 2020 during the 9:00 a.m. mass
- Sunday, June 21, 2020 during the 11:00 a.m. mass
For Baptism of children five years and older as well as for adults, contact Grace Koleczek, email@example.com, (952) 698-1724.