G.I.F.T. is a home-based program for elementary children and their parents. Children complete one lesson per week at home using the Be My Disciples curriculum. In addition, parents and children attend one at-church session per month. These sessions include presentations, games, crafts, and other activities designed to support and enhance the themes from the at-home schedule. The same at-church session will be offered at three times each month, giving families a choice for the most convenient time. Please register for GIFT First Sunday, First Wednesday, or Second Sunday; the schedule for sessions is October through April as follows:
- G.I.F.T. First Sunday typically meets the first Sunday of the month, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. (ASL interpreted by request)
- G.I.F.T. First Wednesday typically meets the first Wednesday of the month, 6:00—7:30 p.m.
- G.I.F.T. Second Sunday typically meets the second Sunday of the month, 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
In addition, children will prepare for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation (Confession) in the fall/winter and First Eucharist (Communion) in the winter/spring. Attendance is required at the following:
- Monthly GIFT sessions (see above)
- Date TBD: parent only meeting
- Date TBD.: Parent & Child Reconciliation Retreat
- Date TBD: Celebration of First Reconciliation
- Date TBD: “Last Supper” Parent & Child Session
- Date TBD: First Eucharist Retreat
- Celebrations of First Eucharist: TBD
Orientation dates for parents new to G.I.F.T.: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 from 6:15-7:30 p.m. OR Sunday, September 22, 2018 from 10:00-11:15 a.m.
Materials pick-up for ALL G.I.F.T. parents: Wednesday, September 18, 2019 from 4:00-6:16 p.m. OR Sunday, September 22, 2019 from 8:30-10:00 a.m.
Contact: TBD, 952-698-1729