Social Justice & Outreach Commission
The work of the Social Justice & Outreach Commission is to be a “Spirit-filled force for inclusivity and dignity.”
In keeping with Catholic Social Teaching, it is the Commission’s Mission to:
- Promote compassion and understanding among community members
- Raise parishioners’ awareness of social injustice and concerns of human dignity
- Engage individuals, families and community in activities that will help them put their faith into action for the common good.
- Provide opportunities for parishioners to use their gifts and time in areas of direct service and /or social change.
“A basic moral test of any society is how our most vulnerable members are faring.”
(Sharing Catholic Social Teaching, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops)
Social Justice & Outreach Commission Meeting Schedule for 2016-17
We typically meet on the 2nd Tuesday of the Month from 7:00-8:30 p.m. (September is an exception). Thus our meeting schedule for the upcoming year is:
- August 9th
- September 6th
- October 11th
- November 8th (tentative)
- December 13th
- January 10th
- February 14th (tentative)
- NO MEETING IN MARCH
- April 11th
- May 9th
- June 13th
For more information contact Grace Koleczek or fill out the form below.