Prayers of the Faithful for October 4 & 5, 2014
As disciples of Jesus, we are called and challenged to pray for the Common Good of the whole world. Let us pray for God’s will on this earth, for God’s kingdom among us.
- October is Respect Life Month. For all those whose lives are at risk: for those yet to be born, for victims of abortion, for the very old and the very young, for victims of sexual, physical, and psychological abuse…we pray:
- For the poor, the disabled; for those imprisoned and wrongfully put to death; for those who are unemployed, uneducated and those who live in the path of war and street violence … we pray:
- Let us pray for those with often invisible diseases. For all those living with depression, schizophrenia, anxiety, A-D-D, O-C-D, and other conditions that affect the person’s ability to cope with day-to-day life … we pray,
- For victims of discrimination because of race, color, economic status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation…we pray:
- For a society that promotes the emotional well-being of each person: for the grace to choose what is true, honorable, just, and gracious … we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked us to pray for them especially James Amirault, .
- For comfort and healing for all who suffer…we pray:
- We remember those who have died; for those who grieve the passing of a loved-one…we pray:
Loving and nurturing God, we ask for the courage and grace to accept our responsibilities as fruitful people in your vineyard each day of our lives. We pray in the name of Jesus, your beloved Son. Amen.