Prayers of the Faithful for November 15 & 16, 2014
My Friends: In a world that often instills fear and self-doubt, we are called to live fearlessly and boldly. Let us pray for ourselves, for our brothers and sisters, and for the whole world.
- For the church and for all Christians: that we may live as fearless, faithful servants…we pray:
- That the church may recognize and utilize the unique gifts of women in ministry and leadership…we pray:
- For wisdom at all levels of civic and governmental leadership: for decisions that serve the common good and consider the needs of the most marginalized…we pray:
- For all people currently serving in military and civilian jobs in harm’s way – may they return to us safely...we pray:
- For a culture that honors rather than objectifies women: for organizations that support women who are mistreated, abused or disregarded…we pray:
- For those who do not use their gifts out of fear, those who cannot afford to use their gifts, those who do not recognize the gifts they have been given…we pray:
- For the sick and those in need among us who have asked for our prayers, including Barbara George. For all who suffer in body, mind, and spirit, we pray:
- For those who have died; for those whose names are written in our Book of the Dead. For all who have died in war, terrorism, or street violence. For those mourning the loss of a loved one…we pray:
Loving God, you call us to be fearless, bold and industrious in serving you and building the Kingdom. We pray for all that we need to live as we are called. Help us to be awake and attentive. We ask these things in the name of Jesus, your Son and our Brother. Amen.