Prayers of the Faithful for November 29 & 30, 2014
Brothers and Sisters, God’s people have always been a people of watching and waiting. We, too, watch and wait for Jesus’ return, praying for God’s loving care for us and for the whole word.
- For the whole church: for an attitude of humility as we await the Lord’s coming…we pray:
- For those whose responsibility is to pay attention on behalf of others: for those in government or in the military, for researchers and planners, for groups and organizations that care for those in need …we pray:
- For watchfulness when we are tempted to relax in our bounty; when we are tired, discouraged or distracted…we pray:
- For the arrogant, the careless, the wasteful: that they may be conscious of the responsibility to protect the environment and one another…we pray:
- For all who call us to wakefulness: other spiritual traditions, prophets, advocates, spiritual guides, counselors and confessors…we pray:
- For all who wait in poverty, illness, or grief; for those who are imprisoned or awaiting deportation…we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Helen Ehrich (Eric), Dick Magnuson. May all who suffer be cured in body, mind, and spirit...we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Greg Peters. For those who are grieving the passing of a loved-one…we pray:
Ever-faithful God, we turn to you in our need, knowing that you love us despite ourselves. Give us the grace to be alert for your presence and aware of all those for whom we are responsible. We pray in the name of Jesus, who keeps us firm to the end. Amen.