Prayers of the Faithful for December 27 & 28, 2014
Let us pray for the needs of the whole human family, for all families -- however and wherever they are -- and for those who are closest to us.
- For our families: that we honor those who gave us life and all those who cared for us, and for all families - both traditional and non-traditional; we pray:
- For immigrants and all workers in our country: that they may earn a living wage and are able to provide affordable housing, food and health care for their families; we pray:
- For those whose lives must be protected: that we honor the elderly, cherish the young and welcome new life to the world, we pray:
- For families torn apart by poverty and war: that refugees find a home, that the hungry are fed, all young people educated, the unemployed given meaningful work, and that nations may be at peace, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked us to pray for them, including: Karen Bauer, Joe Carlisano, Audrey Tichy, may they be blessed and healed in this coming new year, we pray:
- We remember those who have died, especially, Rich Olsen, the husband of Judy Olsen, and for all our beloved dead and the families that mourn their passing, we pray:
Good and gracious God, watch over and protect us and our homes. Strengthen the love which unites families in peace and joy. We pray always in Jesus' name. Amen.