Prayers of the Faithful for December 6 & 7, 2014
We are an expectant people! Let us pray for all who sit in fear or live in hope in our world, our nation, our communities, our families.
- For the church: that we may experience change as a hopeful sign of God’s promise ... we pray,
- For patience in a world where instant gratification is the norm ... we pray,
- For those who feel hopeless because of poverty, war, violence, disease, homelessness ... we pray,
- For all of us present here: that we will listen for that voice coming from the desert proclaiming the sometimes unpopular and uncomfortable message to “prepare a place for the Lord” ... we pray,
- For the ability to teach our children patience and expectation for more than material things, especially in this pre-holiday season ... we pray,
- For our Latino parishioners who this week celebrate the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe as a sign of God’s promise ... we pray,
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including Dick Magnuson. May all who are ill find hope in the Lord’s coming...we pray
- For those who have died especially Helen Ehrich, the wife of Bill Ehrich. For faith in the coming of a new heaven and a new earth ... we pray,
Gracious God, you have promised to come to us in power, to reveal your glory in healing, justice and peace. Help us to be patient and hopeful as we await you each day. We ask this in the name of Jesus, who comes as the fulfillment of your promise. Amen.