Prayers of the Faithful for March 8 & 9, 2014
1st Sunday of Lent
March 8 & 9, 2014
Mindful of our dependence on God’s mercy, let us pray for our needs and the needs of the world.
1. For our RCIA candidates who will celebrate the sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist with us at the Easter Vigil. May they always be grateful for the blessings they have received from heaven, we pray:
2. For trust where there is doubt. May all here today plant and nurture the seeds of faith in the desert of despair, we pray:
3. For peace where there is war; for forgiveness where there is vengeance; for love where there is hate, we pray:
4. For gratitude where there is greed; for generosity instead of self-indulgence, we pray:
5. For energy where there is depression; for effort where there is idleness; for hope where there is cynicism, we pray:
6. For harmony where there is discord. We pray for our families—for peace and calm and time together without distraction; for families who are struggling with painful circumstances, we pray:
7. For healing where there is suffering. For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, especially Ramona Weinhold, we pray:
8. For eternal life where there is death. We remember those who have died, especially Kathleen Morben, the sister of Jeanette Hill; Jeanette Claridge, the mother of Elaine Fangmeier; Ruth Ann Hannefield, the sister of Helen Ehrich. We also pray for those who are grieving the passing of a loved one … we pray:
Good and gracious God, you created us our minds to know you; our hands to serve you; and our hearts to love you. Bring us out of the desert of self-absorption and despair into the light of your presence. We pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.