Prayers of the Faithful for April 5 & 6, 2014
Just as Jesus called his friend Lazarus out of the darkness of the tomb, so does he call our world and each one of us out of the darkness and into the light of the kingdom of God. Let us pray.
1. We are called out of the darkness of violence. For peace among the nations, within our families and communities, and within our hearts … we pray in song:
2. We are called out of the darkness of injustice. For a fair distribution of goods and opportunities so that all people may have meaningful work and hope for their children’s future … we pray in song:
3. We are called out of the darkness of faithlessness. For those who do not know God; those who do not have a church home; and for our RCIA Candidates preparing to enter the church at Easter … we pray in song:
4. We are called out of the darkness of despair. For those struggling with illness, addiction, depression, loneliness or habits of sin; for those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, especially Stan Hartung,...we pray in song:
5. We will all be called out of this life into that life where we will see Jesus face to face. For those who have die, especially Betty O’Connor, the mother of Paul O’Connor. For those who are dying today, those who fear death, and those who mourn … we pray in song:
God of life and all creation, you call us to new life with you, to forsake our tombs of doubt, despair and meanness for a life of faith, hope and love with you. Hear our prayers and give us all that we need this day to become the holy men and women you intend us to be. We pray always in Jesus’ name. Amen.