Prayers of the Faithful for May 3/4, 2014
My friends let us bring before God our prayers for the world. Remembering the disciples who did not recognize Jesus when he was in their midst, let us pray that our eyes may be opened to the presence of Jesus among us.
- For the People of God, that we may each be the hands and heart and face of Christ to each other and to the world . . . we pray:
- For those who are new to faith. For those who came into the church at Easter, that they may continue in their formation and recognize the presence of God in this community . . . we pray:
- For peace, that enemies may recognize the face of God in each other . . . we pray:
- For an end to poverty, that we may recognize Jesus in the faces of the poor . . . we pray:
- For those in the midst of change: for those who will graduate this year; for those preparing for marriage; for those who are moving or starting a new job … for trust in the presence of God as our lives change . . . we pray:
- For the children of our community who are celebrating their First Eucharist this week and next week, and for the young people who will celebrate the sacrament of Confirmation on May 10th . . . we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked us to pray for them: Chuck Bernard, Jerry Rother. For healing for all who suffer . . . we pray:
- We remember those who have died, especially Ken Spencer, the husband of Elizabeth Spencer; Jayne Stroot, the wife of Bob Stroot. For all who are mourning the pass of a loved-one . . . we pray:
Good and ever-present God, hear the prayers of your people and fill us with faith in your love for us and confidence in your power to provide what we need. Give us this day and every day the joy of your presence. We ask this through Jesus Christ, our Risen Lord. Amen.