Prayers of the Faithful for June 7 & 8, 2014
On the Feast of Pentecost, let us pray that the fires of the Spirit’s love will rest upon us.
- For a Spirit of unity: that the divisions between Christians may cease and the walls that divide believers may fall, allowing us to pray and grow together as members of God's family, …we sing:
- For a Spirit of peace: that we may accept Christ’s gift of peace and be freed from fear and self-doubt so that we may live life fully each day …we sing:
- For a Spirit of hope: that all who are overwhelmed by the troubles of life may find in us advocates who stand by their side…we sing:
- For a Spirit of love: that we may place our time, energy, and gifts at the service of others, helping them to carry their burdens and discover God’s love for them…we sing:
- For a Spirit of forgiveness: that the Spirit of Christ will enable us to forgive all who have injured us and guide us in reconciling our broken relationships …we sing:
- For the Spirit of healing: that God will touch all who are burdened with illness, especially those who have asked for our prayers including Dale O’Brien, Veronica Wolff. Renew and restore their lives, and raise them up to wholeness…we sing:
- For the Spirit of life: that God will be merciful and give eternal life to all who have died especially Marilyn Scott Wilkes, the wife of Tony Wilkes; George Stewart, the brother in law of Angela Bitzenhofer. …we sing:
Loving God, fill us with your spirit as you fill us with your life. Give us breath to praise you to the ends of the earth. We pray this through Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives, and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.