Prayers of the Faithful for August 2 & 3, 2014
Nothing in this world can separate us from the love of Christ. Confidently we bring our prayers before the God of mercy.
- For the Church: that we may share the Bread of Life with all who hunger for meaning and purpose in life, we pray:
- For grace to trust: that we may recognize that nothing can separate us from the Love of God and rely upon God in all the challenges of life, we pray:
- For truly generous hearts: that we may appreciate the blessings that we have received and generously share our gifts with all who are in need, we pray:
- For all who work in or support food pantries: that their efforts may show the love and compassion of God to hungry children and families, we pray:
- For all who are currently facing trial and distress, particularly the Christians of Iraq: that God’s love and compassion will strengthen and sustain them to faithfully bear witness to the Gospel, we pray:
- For peace: that God will transform hearts so that violence may end in the Holy Land and that people may live in safety and peace, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Carol Halpin, for all who suffer, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Officer Scott Patrick of the Mendota Heights Police Department, for all our beloved dead and for all who mourn the passing of a loved-one, we pray:
Presider: Lord, creator of the universe, giver of all that is good, let us feel your presence in our need, and be your presence to others. We ask this through Christ our Lord.