Prayers of the Faithful for August 30 & 31, 2014
My friends, God created us to live in harmony with one another, to care for each other and to pray for each other. Confident that God hears our prayers let us pray.
- Let us pray for the church: for the mission of the church in the world; for all who risk persecution for the sake of the Gospel ... we pray:
- We pray for the leaders of nations and all peoples everywhere: for those countries ravaged by war, famine and poverty...we pray:
- For the creation of human communities where people can live in peace; especially for residents of Ferguson, Missouri – may they find understanding, tolerance, and peace … we pray:
- We pray for this parish community with its many blessings: for a peaceful end of summer and a hopeful beginning of the school year … we pray:
- Let us pray for all students from preschool through graduate school: for health, energy, curiosity, and the joy of learning...we pray:
- On this Labor Day Weekend, we pray that the currently employed and those who seek employment may find success and fulfillment, just wages, and safe working conditions in their places of work…we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including Jerry Zimmerman, Mary Short, Rosemary Engel, and for those whose names are not listed here: may they all be healed by God’s powerful touch and by the prayers and care of their friends and neighbors...we pray:
- We remember those who have died especially Gail Hayes; Bill McCabe, the husband of Jan McCabe; John Hilla, the father of Jessica Kirschman. For those who die loved and mourned and for those who die with no one to pray for them … we pray:
Good and gracious God, increase our faith in your care for us and in your power to provide what we need. Answer our prayers and bring each one of us and all our concerns to the fulfillment your love intends. We ask this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.