Prayers of the Faithful for September 13 & 14, 2014
Mindful of our dependence on God’s mercy, let us pray for the church, the world and ourselves, remembering that God’s powerful love for us has been shown through Jesus’ gift of himself.
- For the church and for all Christians who claim the cross as our identifying symbol: may we be willing to embrace the humility that it represents … we pray:
- For those who are called to engage in the strong but humble role of peacemaking; and for all who yearn for peace in their countries, their cities, their homes … we pray:
- For the healing of ungrateful hearts; for the gift of gratitude for all that we have been given; and for the generosity to share with others … we pray:
- For all who are in need: the poor, the homeless, those without work or adequate health care or education; for all who are patient in the face of adversity … we pray:
- For those individuals and organizations — small or large — whose mission is to serve others … we pray:
- For the sick among us who have asked for our prayers, including Rosemary Engel, Connie Keough. May they and all who are suffering be comforted by God’s healing embrace...we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Shirley George, the sister of Mary Ehalt; Jerry Zimmerman, the brother of Joanne Gusso. For those who grieve, that they may be consoled by Jesus’ victory over death … we pray:
Loving and most generous God, we bring our deepest concerns to you, remembering that the cross is a sign of how much you love us and care for us. We pray in the name of Jesus, who emptied himself on our behalf. Amen.