Prayers of the Faithful for September 20 & 21, 2014
Mindful of our dependence on God’s generosity, let us pray that we may hear and watch for God’s ways, learning how to live lives worthy of the Gospel.
- That the whole church may be a community of heart, reflecting God’s extravagant forgiveness and generosity … we pray,
- That there may be abundant forgiveness wherever there is animosity, anger, violence or war … we pray,
- That decision-makers at every level of government and civic life may seek the places where generous funds or resources are most needed … we pray,
- That parents, teachers, catechists, coaches, counselors and all who work with the young may teach them the value of generosity toward others … we pray,
- That this community may witness to abundant care for the most needy, the sick and the grieving among us — especially those whose pain goes unnoticed or is dismissed by others … we pray,
- For the sick among us who have asked for our prayers, may they and all who are suffering be comforted by God’s healing embrace...we pray:
- For those who have died, for those who grieve, that they may be consoled by Jesus’ victory over death … we pray:
Most lavish and generous God, we bring our deepest cares to you, encouraged by your promises for a kingdom of abundant love and forgiveness. We pray in Jesus’ name, asking that we may live every day in accordance with your amazing ways. Amen.