Prayers of the Faithful for January 17 & 18, 2015
We entrust the Father with our lives and needs in the same hope as Samuel and the first apostles.
- For a church that is truly open and responds to what it sees and hears, we pray:
- For leaders throughout the world who are not blind and deaf to the needs of the poor and marginalized, we pray:
- For peace: that God will turns hearts from violence and terrorism, heal all who have been wounded and open new opportunities to confront injustice, we pray:
- For greater respect for human life: that God will bring forth a greater appreciation of the gift of human life within all hearts and give wisdom to those who are faced with difficult decisions, we pray:
- For the grace of recognition: that our hearts may perceive the words, deeds, and experiences that reveal God’s dwelling within us, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Diane Sparrow, Kenneth Craft. May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray:
- We remember those who have died. For all who have died and for all who mourn their passing, we pray:
Faithful God, you know our weaknesses, yet you never tire of calling us to walk at your side. Graciously answer the prayers we make through Christ Jesus our Lord.