Prayers of the Faithful for January 3 & 4, 2015
On this great feast of Epiphany that celebrates Jesus’ coming for the whole world, we pray for the many needs both here and across the earth.
- That the light of Christ may bring peace to the heart of every man, woman and child … we pray:
- That the radiance of Christ may be faithfully witnessed through the preaching, teachings and actions of the church … we pray:
- That the light of Christ may bring healing to those who sit in the darkness of poverty, injustice, violence or fear … we pray:
- That the radiance of Christ may bring consolation to prisoners, refugees, illegal aliens and all who have no permanent home … we pray:
- That the light of Christ may penetrate the darkness of those who act out of arrogance or abusive power … we pray:
- That the radiance of Christ may bring comfort to the sick, including: Audrey Tichy, we pray:
- That those who have died are filled with the light of eternal life, especially, Henry Valo, the wife of Shirley Valo; Charles Sondag, the father of Steve Sondag; Vernon Mohr the father of Rita Sondag. That those in the darkness of grief find hope and comfort in the radiance of Christ, we pray:
Gracious God, you have shown us that your Son is the Messiah King of all peoples. Help us to live in his light through the challenges of our lives and to reflect his glory to all those who cross our paths. We pray in his name. Amen.