Prayers of the Faithful for January 24 & 25, 2015
With confidence in our God, let us present our prayers with faith and hope.
- For the Church: that we may faithfully announce the Good News by our lives and draw others to Christ through our deeds of love and compassionate words, we pray:
- For those who govern the nations: may they heed the voice of Jesus and find remedies for injustice, we pray:
- For Christian Unity: that God will heal the wounds and misunderstandings of the past and lead all the baptized to a new and more united witness to the Gospel and compassionate service to those in need, we pray:
- For the poor and the needy: may they feel God’s loving hand in their lives, through the love of God’s people, we pray:
- For peace: that God will free the world from terrorism and touch hearts to yearn for new ways to work together, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including Kenneth Craft, May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially, Richard Zwaschka, the father of Julie Fossum; Marlys Prairie, the wife of Bill Prairie; Marie Goin, the mother of Mary Robideau. For all who have died and for all who mourn their passing, we pray:
Gracious Lord, listen to the prayers we present you. Change our hearts by the power of your Spirit through Jesus, our Lord.