Prayers of the Faithful for January 31 & February 1, 2015
Let us pray that we and the world may be open to hear God’s authoritative voice — however it may come to us.
- For all in the church who wear the heavy mantle of speaking with authority: that their words may be grounded in humility, respect and love … we pray,
- For all political, civic and military leaders whose authority can influence the possibility of peace and justice for many people … we pray,
- For parents and teachers, coaches, counselors and mentors, and all who are responsible for exercising authority with young people … we pray,
- For those burdened by heavy-handed or destructive authority … we pray
- For hearts that are open to hear and act upon the life-giving authority of the Gospel … we pray,
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including, Ruth Huss, Annemarie Grether, Hank Dotzler. May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Anna Wetherby, and Kenneth Craft, the brother of Donald Craft. For all who have died and for all who mourn their passing, we pray:
Loving God, grant us the wisdom to discern your word to us in every age and time and circumstance, so that we may be one with you and with one another. We pray in the name of Jesus, your Son, who became your Word on our behalf. Amen.