Prayers of the Faithful for January 10 & 11, 2015
Made children of God by baptism, we raise up our prayers in confidence.
- That all the baptized live in justice and unity, faithful to the gospel call, we pray:
- That governors and legislators work for just laws and end discrimination due to race, nationality, or economic class, we pray:
- That all who have suffered the destruction of war quickly find the lasting peace offered by the gospel, we pray:
- That young people who have strayed from God’s path find in Jesus a friend who comforts and guides them, we pray:
- That the members of our faith community live up to their baptismal promises, we pray:
- That those who are ill and have asked for our prayers be healed by God’s loving touch, including Diane Sparow, we pray:
- That those who have died find comfort in the arms of God, especially, Ella Grace, the granddaughter of Mark and Mary Robideau, who died at birth on January 4; Clara Gmach, the mother of Janet Gmach, and for those who mourn the passing of loved ones, we pray:
God of justice and compassion, help us to be worthy servants, bringing justice and unity among your people. We ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, our Messiah and Lord.