Sunday, October 22, 2017
Sponsored by Protect Minnesota, featuring:
- Matt Filner, Associate Professor of Constitutional Law at Metropolitan State University
- Bob Mokos, Everytown for Gun Safety Survivor Fellow, Gun Owner, and Risen Savior Parishioner
- Rachael Joseph, Protect Minnesota Director of Outreach & Gun Violence Survivor
- Rev. Nancy Nord Bence, Protect Minnesota Executive Director
The purpose of this event is to expose some of the myths around guns, the Second Amendment, and gun violence prevention, and to equip participants to speak intelligently on the need for common sense gun safety measures.
Participants will learn about the history of the Second Amendment, meet gun violence survivors and hear their stories, and learn effective arguments to respond to the myths that too often surround discussions about gun violence. Active, respectful participation is encouraged and expected.
- The Second Amendment: History, Interpretation, and Myths: Matt Filner
- Survivors: The Personal Impact of American Gun Violence: Bob Mokos & Rachael Joseph
- Policy & Advocacy: Speaking Confidently about Gun Violence Prevention
Links & Download: