Prayers of the Faithful – December 30 & 31, 2023
Prayers of the Faithful December 30 & 31, 2023
Let us pray now for ourselves, our own families, and families across the world.
- For the church: that God will form us into a family of faith that encourages and supports one another in living the Gospel more fully each day, we pray:
- For a deepening of prayer: that the Spirit will guide our families in praying together and help us to listen to God’s response in the quiet of our hearts and in our experiences of each day, we pray:
- For those who are without family: that those who have been orphaned, alienated, or rejected by their families may experience love, acceptance, and belonging through this Christian community, we pray:
- For families burdened by poverty or under economic stress: that God will sustain them, help parents find work, and guide them to the resources that will relieve their burdens, we pray:
- For Peace in Jerusalem: that the Holy City for Jews, Muslims, and Christians maybe a place of dialogue, respect, and peace, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Joseph Andreszcuk, Richard Garner, Mary Halverson, and Larry Simmons, that they may they find comfort in the healing touch of God and in the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- Today we pray for our Beloved Dead, including Gail Popehn, Joan Eibner, Eric Nopola, Mark Schlegel, Joe Kankovsky, Sr. and Athea Haberman. We also pray For those who have died more recently, especially Francis Warnemunde. We pray:
Good and gracious God, watch over and protect us and our homes. Strengthen the love which unites families in peace and joy. We pray through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.