Prayers of the Faithful – September 16 & 17, 2023
Mindful of the mercy we have received, we ask God’s mercy on the church and the world.
- For the Church: that we who are God’s people may faithfully reflect God’s love, mercy, and forgiveness through our words and deeds, we pray:
- For a deep awareness of God’s boundless forgiveness: that in our daily living and our experiences of our weaknesses, we may recognize how God’s unlimited forgiveness each day, we pray:
- For all whose lives have been touched by suicide: May God help us to grow in awareness and compassion, we pray:
- For greater care of the earth: that God will heal the damage done to the ecosystem, and help us to change the ways that we misuse God’s gift of nature, we pray:
- That those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, find healing, including Polly Burns, we pray:
- For all who have died, especially Linda Tobritzhofer, mother of Amy Nelsen;
may they be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
Gracious God, you forgive us whenever we come to you with contrite hearts. Hear our prayers that we might grow in our own willingness to forgive others as you forgive us. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.