Prayers of the Faithful, October 16 & 17, 2021
As followers of the suffering servant, we pray humbly for ourselves, for one another, and for our brothers and sisters throughout the world.
- For the Church, the Body of Christ called to be servant of all, we pray:
- For all who suffer, whether in spiritual, physical or emotional ways, that God’s redemptive power may give them peace, we pray:
- October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. For all those who have been hurt in body, mind, and spirit by those who betrayed the trust placed in them; that the Holy Spirit heal our people’s wounds, steady shaken spirits and show us the way to justice and wholeness, we pray:
- For all the homeless who have no place to stay as the weather begins to turn cold, that Jesus, the suffering servant, may guide them to the resources available to them and guide us to ways in which we may be servant to them, we pray:
- For all who are recovering from storms, floods and other natural disasters: that God will relieve their suffering, ease their fears, and give them strength to move forward, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers, including
Caron Entenman, David Osterkamp, Pattie Edel, and Mary Lou Kojak. May all who suffer be healed by God’s loving touch and by the prayers of this community, we pray:
- For those who have died, including Bonnie Hokanson, that God may grant them eternal rest, we pray:
Compassionate and merciful God, you have given us Jesus as the radiant sign of what it means to serve others. Help us to be your servant people. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.