Prayers of the Faithful for April 23 & 24, 2022
We have not seen but still believe. With confident faith, we bring our concerns before God. Please respond: “Risen Savior, hear our prayer.”
- For the Church: that we may be transformed through our encounters with the living Christ and be instruments of healing and forgiveness for those who are hurting, we pray:
- For the gift of the Spirit upon the world: that God will breathe the Spirit upon the chaos of our society and its financial and political structures so that the dignity of each person may blossom, we pray:
- That the witness of the scriptures will lead all who are questioning their faith to new and deeper understanding of God’s presence and action in their lives, we pray:
- For peace in all the troubled areas of the world, particularly in Ukraine: that Christ’s victory over death may bring an end to war, genocide, and inhumane treatment of people and help us to work together to end disease and malnutrition, we pray:
- For the gift of wisdom: that God will show us how our gifts can alleviate the needs of our communities and help us to use them to serve and build up one another, we pray:
- That those who are ill feel Jesus’ healing touch in the loving hands of their caregivers, including Julian Smischney (pr. SMISH-nee), and Elle Muchow (pr. ell MOO-koh), granddaughter of Darlene and David Ivy.
- we pray:
- Today we pray for our beloved dead, including Juan Pena Chavez, Jerry Simondet, David Orth and Dick Thamert, as well as those who have died more recently including Mary Jo Raske; may they find comfort in the joy of Jesus’ resurrection, we pray:
Generous God, plant your precious gift of faith ever deeper in our hearts. All that we ask, we ask in the name of Jesus, our Risen Lord.