Prayers of the Faithful November 21 & 22, 2020
With confidence we make our needs known to God through the intercessions of Christ the King.
- For the Church: that we may recognize Christ in one another and honor the dignity of each person whom God has called to life, we pray:
- For dynamic faith: that in times of chaos and confusion, we may be confident that Christ will defeat all evils, including death, and lead us to the fullness of life with God, we pray:
- For the grace to live in the Spirit of Jesus: that we may be willing to take the first step in helping others without expectation of their response or of a return for ourselves, we pray:
- For all civic leaders responsible for making difficult decisions regarding the pandemic: that they communicate clearly, truthfully, and calmly — with each other and with the public — and that their messages are received and heeded, we pray:
- For all who are impacted by the coronavirus pandemic: that the Holy Spirit will take away the fear, anxiety, and feelings of isolation and give a sense of purpose in pursuing health and protecting others from exposure to the disease, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Iris Bouvet,
May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For those who have died, especially Jerome Pelkey, father of Karen Christian. May they be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray
God, our protector and judge, we thank you for sending your Son to show us who you are and who we are called to be. Give us strength and courage to care for the least among us. Make us worthy to stand among those called to live in eternal life. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, the King of the Universe. Amen.