Prayers of the Faithful October 21 & 22, 2023
Presider: Let us pray that we live with undivided hearts, giving God what belongs to God.
- For the Church: that we may manifest each day the work of faith, the labor of love, and the endurance of hope that is ours as God’s people, we pray:
- For the grace of discernment: that we may recognize the various motives in our hearts and respond to those that come from the Holy Spirit, we pray:
- For civic leaders in places of unrest: that God will inspire their efforts to communicate, guide them in establishing just policies in their communities, and help them recognize the giftedness and dignity of each person, we pray:
- For conversion from violence: that the Spirit of God will impel us toward resolving conflicts through dialogue and mutual cooperation, we pray:
- For greater respect for life: that the Holy Spirit will open all to a deeper recognition of the beauty and mystery of life in all its stages, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Paul Hufnagle, and Joseph Kankovsky Sr., father of Joe Kankovsky. May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For all who have died, that God will fill them with life and give consolation and peace to those who grieve them, we pray:
Gracious God, you call us to put on the heart of your divine Son. Hear our prayers that all divisions among us might be healed and one day we will share eternally in the fullness of your kingdom. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.