Prayers of the Faithful Sept. 26/27, 2020
Presider: In humble trust, we place our needs before God.
- For the Church: that we may more and more put on the attitude of Christ and empty ourselves so that God can raise us to a new life of faithful relationships and loving service, we pray:
- For integrity: that we may not merely speak of God’s ways but sincerely commit to living them as faithful disciples, we pray:
- For healing of the earth: that God will inspire us to act boldly in addressing climate change and other abuses of the earth so that those who are suffering may be relieved and that the future may hold many blessings for the human family, we pray:
- For all who are suffering from the aftermath of hurricanes or wildfires: that God will protect them from further harm, help them to connect with family and friends, and fill their hearts with courage, we pray:
- For our brothers and sisters at St. Rose of Lima parish in Gris Gris, Haiti: that we may be filled with care and compassion and respond with generous hearts, open hands and a renewed sense of solidarity with all the families and children, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Rosanne Kouva, and Sam Ocel. May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- Today we pray for our beloved dead: Marilyn Matthews, Betsi Downi, and Carolyn Cuddigan and for all who have died, especially Tomas Renteria, nephew of Nalleli Renteria de Leon,
that God will fill them with life and give consolation and peace to those who grieve them, we pray:
Gracious God, you call us to be faithful in carrying out your divine will. Hear our prayers that one day we might share in the fullness of life you offer those who dwell in your kingdom. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.