Prayers of the Faithful Aug. 15 & 16, 2020
With great persistence and faith we make our own needs known to God.
- For the church, that our doors may be truly open to all and rejecting none, we pray:
- For authentic trust in God: that we may call out in faith, with sincerity and conviction, to God who saves and delivers us from all our suffering and need, we pray:
- For an end to racism and prejudice: that God will turn hearts and change minds so that everyone may be respected, and their dignity affirmed, we pray:
- For students, particularly those who will be away from home for the first time: that God will help them learn, stay safe, and find the resources they need to assist them in the coming months, we pray:
- For the leaders of our nation: that God will give them wisdom and inspire them in developing new policies on healthcare and assistance for the unemployed, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers. May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For all who have died, especially William Brummond, husband of Dori Brummond. May they be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
Merciful God, you offer healing and salvation to all who cry out to you. Hear our prayers that one day we might enjoy the fullness of life with you in heaven. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.