Prayers of the Faithful for May 16 & 17, 2020
Our Lord Jesus promised us that God would send us the Holy Spirit to guide us and to speak for us as we pray for the needs of the world.
- We pray for the Holy Spirit to renew our church, that everything about our life together proclaims the good news of the kingdom and celebrates the reality of Jesus’ presence among us and within us, we pray:
- We pray for the Holy Spirit’s guidance for all who serve in civil government: that they may create an environment in which all can live together in freedom and mutual respect, we pray:
- We pray for the Holy Spirit’s presence in the lives of the homeless, the unemployed, and those who most need our prayers: may they be filled with comfort and courage, we pray:
- We pray for the Holy Spirit’s presence in all who are struggling economically: that God will calm their fears, guide them to resources that will sustain them, and help them to be open to others who wish to support them, we pray:
- We pray for the Holy Spirit’s presence in the lives of those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including Mark Juenemann and Diane Ferry. May all who suffer be comforted by our love and concern and by God’s healing touch, we pray:
- We pray for those who have died, especially, Ward Kierski, and Dennis Migletz, the husband of Gerri Migletz. May all who have died be forever held in the loving arms of God, we pray:
Good and gracious God, your Holy Spirit speaks for us. Grant what our Advocate inspires us to ask for in the name of Jesus, the Risen Christ our Lord.