Prayers of the Faithful October 14 & 15, 2023
Presider: Let us pray for all who have been called and for all of God’s beloved people.
- For the Church: that we may hear God’s invitation to life and enter wholeheartedly into the banquet that God has prepared for us, we pray:
- For the grace of openness: that we may welcome and offer hospitality to all who enter our communities, we pray:
- For gratitude: that God will expand our awareness of all the blessings and resources that we have and empower us to use them for God’s glory and the good of others, we pray:
- For the people affected by the violence in the Middle East, that God will welcome the souls of the dead, comfort and protect the living, and bring about a world where violent encounters may be replaced by loving embraces, and peace and justice could be experienced by all, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Carlos Junn, Paul Hufnagle, Bill Walenta, and Joseph Kankovsky Sr., father of Joe Kankovsky. May they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- For all who have died, especially, Simpore Maria, that God will fill them with life and give consolation and peace to those who grieve them, we pray:
Presider: Loving and nurturing God, we ask for the courage and grace to accept our responsibilities as fruitful people in your vineyard each day of our lives. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.