Prayers of the Faithful – October 28 & 29, 2023
Prayers of the Faithful October 28 & 29, 2023
Presider: Confident of God’s abiding love for us, we now make our needs known so that we can love with all our hearts.
- For the Church: that we may manifest our love of God and neighbor in words that express our commitment and in deeds that show our commitment to Christ, we pray:
- For a spirit of compassion: that our hearts may feel the pain of others and reach out to all who are suffering or in need, we pray:
- For all impacted by Hurricane Otis – especially those in Acapulco, Mexico: that God will strengthen those providing aid and comfort those who have experienced loss, we pray:
- For those impacted by the mass shootings in Lewiston, Maine: may the families of the deceased be comforted, and may their community be healed, we pray:
- For the silencing of weapons – in the Middle East, Ukraine, as well as in our own communities here in the United States, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including: Paul Hufnagle, and Joseph Kankovsky Sr., father of Joe Kankovsky;may they find comfort in the healing touch of God and by the loving care of family and friends, we pray:
- Today we pray for our Beloved Dead, including Sharon Tadsen, Anthony Miller, Margaret Hermelling, Linda Tobritzhofer, Stefan Gryniewski, and John Ocel. We also pray for all who have died more recently; that God will fill them with life and give consolation and peace to those who grieve them, we pray
Almighty God, you love us beyond compare and call us to love one another. Hear our prayers that one day we might live eternally in your love. We ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.