Prayers of the Faithful July 2 & 3, 2022
As people who are sent out into the harvest, we pray now for ourselves and for the whole world.
- For the Church: that we may freely share the gifts that God has given us, be open to receive the gifts that others have, and trust that God will sustain us each day, we pray:
- For peace throughout the world, and for all who work on behalf of peace, we pray:
- For our nation: that God will guide us in living the values which we proclaim so that all may experience life, liberty, and justice, we pray:
- For all who long for freedom: that God will open a way for those with addictions, held unjustly, fleeing violence, or entrapped by poverty or illiteracy and help them to begin a new life, we pray:
- For each of us – all laborers in the harvest: that we may hear God’s call and share in the mission of the church by bringing hope, relieving burdens, and offering compassionate understanding to all who touch our lives, we pray:
- For those who are ill and have asked for our prayers including, Lily Kankovsky, and Lawrence Dobias, grandfather of Rebecca Dobias, and for all who are suffering in body, mind, and spirit, we pray:
- For those who have died. May they share fully in the new life of Christ and live with God forever, we pray:
God who nurtures and protects us, we ask you to be with us as we practice discipleship in our lives. Give us the courage to spread Jesus’ word by our words and actions, even though we do not know how we will be received. We pray in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord, who sends us forth. Amen.